Magic Recs is an experimental account on Twitter which has been used to send personalized recommendations to followers via direct messages. These messages could be anything from a specific tweet you might like to a person that Twitter thinks you might want to follow.
It is based on algorithms that track each person's network and recognizes similar activity from multiple people within a network. If everyone in your network starts following Harry Potter you will get a message faster than you can say Quidditch.
This service launches very soon for both iPhone and Android devices so you can have it at all at your fingertips, literally. Of course, there are those that hate push notifications more than "He Who Must Not Be Named" so Twitter has made it possible to turn them off as well. That was the last Harry Potter reference I swear.
For people like me, who tend to get behind on the times, especially during football season, this seems like a pretty useful new feature. I think I'll just let Twitter do my following for me. Especially since I don't really like my friends that much anyway.
Click here if you want more information or to check out the article I read about this.

No comments:
Post a Comment